Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of Arts on Main Gallery.
Arts on Main Gallery, (AOMG), is a premier co-operative art gallery, founded in 2007, representing artists who live in Prince Edward County and area. We are proud of our artists, teamwork and
the camaraderie that have resulted in being one of the premier galleries in Eastern Ontario with customers locally to internationally.
Prospective members are first required to exhibit as a guest artist for a 3-month show. Once accepted by the membership to become a member, a probationary period of three months is
required, at the end of which members vote for or against full membership.
As a co-operative, artist members accept the following terms and responsibilities to ensure the continued success of the gallery:
Individual Member Commitment
• Members are expected to provide new work every 3 months and to replace sold pieces in a timely manner.
• A fee of $600 is paid annually or $150 paid quarterly, upon receipt of invoice.
• Members are required to share in the running of the gallery by participating in one or more of the following work teams: Design, Advertising and Promotion, Membership, Operations,
Finance, or Gallery Maintenance.
• Members are expected to staff the gallery on specified days, generally two to three 4-hour shifts monthly, including weekends, since the gallery is open 7 days a week. Winter hours vary.
The Gallery is closed for 4 weeks in February.
• Members are expected to attend the General meetings of the Co-operative (held quarterly), the Annual meeting and the receptions for show openings.
• AOMG provides an opportunity for local artists to sell their work in a professional gallery, favourably located on Main Street, Picton
• AOMG commits to four shows per year, with only 20% commission on sales
• AOMG actively promotes its artists and shows through a variety of advertising and publicity
• AOMG provides artists with receipts for membership expenses for tax purposes
• As a successful co-operative gallery since 2007, AOMG has a reputation for high quality artwork, with diversity in art media and price points.
Please complete the following questionnaire in detail:
Phone number: __________________________________________________________________
Email: _________________________ Website: _______________________________________
Description of artwork: (please be specific)
Name/dates of Juried Show(s) in which you were accepted:
Detail Memberships in art organizations, gallery representation, and exhibitions within the past three years:
In which of the following areas do you have the skills and interest in fulfilling your committee duties:
______ Advertising and Promotion
______ Gallery Maintenance
Please expand on your skills and interest indicated:
Please include the following with this completed questionnaire:
• Digital images of your current work (specifically representative of the work you wish to show in our gallery)
• 4-5 hard copy images of your current work (include title, size, medium, price)
• A brief artist statement with your long- and short-term artistic goals
• A brief statement about why you have chosen AOMG and what you feel you can contribute towards the success of our gallery.
Please submit your application by mail/in person/or by email to:
Arts on Main Gallery
223 Main St
Picton, ON K0K 2T0
Your application will be reviewed by a selection committee. Following this, they will make a recommendation to the membership.
Revised July 5, 2016